1. Serve white wine before red wines. Lighter wines before heavier wines.
2. Simple meals are enhanced when paired with complex wines. Complex meals can be enjoyed with simpler wines. It’s all a matter of taste.
3. When pouring your wine, slightly twist your wrist to the right as you finish pouring wine into the glass, before quickly tilting the bottle upright. This will help eliminate drips from the mouth of the bottle.
4. When you have washed your wine glasses, rinse them at least twice to get all the detergents out, as detergents can change the way the wine tastes.
5. Ideal Alcohol Serving Temperatures. Red Wines are best at room temperature, or below, if the weather is hot. Serve red wines in large, open-bowled glasses, due to the wines tannins. The flavor of the wine improves with oxygen and the open bowl allows enough area for swirling and enjoying the “nose.” (The “nose is all of the various aromas coming out of the wine.)